- Talk to them about practicing deep breathing to help them relax.
- If all of the activities are getting to be too much for your teen, talk with them about the ones that are most important that they attend or be a part of and then discuss an alternative for the other activities.
- Even though your teen is likely spending a great deal of time with family during the holidays, allow them the time and a chance to connect with their friends.
- Encourage them to stay active and get exercise.
- Talk to your teens about the things that they are grateful for (such as having that special time with family and friends during the holidays) and share yours as well!
Chamorro, C. (2021, December 14). Tips for teens: Surviving and thriving during the holidays. Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, https://www.teenhealthcare.org/blog/teen-holiday-stress
Luminis Health. 2019, December 16). Tips for helping teens manage stress during the holidays. https://living.aahs.org/children/health/tips-for-helping-teens-manage-stress-during-the-holidays/